Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Other Crafts
book covers

Keeghan_M

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:56 pm     book covers Reply with quote

im thinking of maybe taking a book up to tuapo, its small, about A6 im guessing, with norse sagas in it, course its all modern looking, how would i go about putting some sort of leather on the cover so that it looks more medievalish. Id like the cover to be removable so i can take it off after tuapo. Im thinking maybe something like what they do with dust covers on modern books, but made out of leather? Also, how much would it cost to buy the leather? and how hard would it be to make something like that? I could also do something like what they do with diary's etc a little slot in front/back cover which you slip the cardboard of the diary into. Something like that.

Thanks
Keeghan
hunt_sicarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote

Hey Keeghan,

I'd prolly use fabric cuz I reckon it'd be easier.. Later periods had girdle books:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girdle_book

http://www.virtue.to/articles/girdlebook.html

But it would probably be fairly easy to size up a rough looking piece of linen or wool and attach it like duraseal, just with some masking tape so you can take it off again. You're just doing it as a cover up ay? Like just so it passes the '3 metre rule'? If so, that should do it! Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:57 pm      Reply with quote

well, its actually a library book i really like lol so i reckon tapes probably out, but i like ur idea of wool, gonna cut a piece of my wool blanket thats the right height, i dont mind if its 2 wide, just cut it off. Should work.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: