Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Textiles, Garb and Jewelery
Combat Leather Gauntlet Workshop, Auckland Sat 11 Oct 1 pm

Victorius

Location: IMPERIVM ROMANA: The Roman club with a Living History focus.New Roman Club

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:22 pm     Combat Leather Gauntlet Workshop, Auckland Sat 11 Oct 1 pm Reply with quote

Hi all,
It's probably a bit short notice, but I only came up with the idea on Monday...
A workshop to make leather-backed gauntlets for combat. Here's an example below. They're simple gloves with 5mm thick brown hide sewn on, wax-hardened so they're almost as hard as metal. You can take a fair few wacks with these and come out without bruising or anything else harmful (excpet perhaps for a bit of a fright).
They're fine for all periods. Can use waxed string and sew them on, or rivet them on with two-piece rivets (although connecting with rivets in this way may not be as "authentic").
$5 material costs. I can supply the leather, waxed thread, leather needles, rivets. You will only need to bring gloves, an an ordinary wax candle (doesn't need to be beeswax, any wax UNSCENTED candle will be fine), and an attitude for fun.
Email me at vrosendale@ihug.co.nz to confirm, and I'll give you my address. Location is North Shore, Auckland.

leather-gauntlets.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  148.63 KB
 Viewed:  5898 Time(s)

leather-gauntlets.JPG

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: