Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Archery
Wellington archery practice

NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:41 pm     Wellington archery practice Reply with quote

Hello Wellington archers.

Today a group of eight archerys met in Totara Park, Wellington to shoot at stuff. We enjoyed it so much we've decided to do it on a regular basis - the second sunday of every month.

At this stage we have access to a private farm in Totara park, so apart from a dozen beer to the farmer lending us his land now and then we have no costs.

If anyone would like to join us next time please let me know. I know there are other archers out there who don't get to practice very often. Perhaps this is an opportunity for you to do something on a regular basis.

If you're keen, send me an email, message me here, or post a reply. Next months get together will fall on March Camp, so we won't be back at Totara Park until April.

Cheers,
Nigel
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote

Hi all,

For those that attended the MLHNZ / SCA / Bowmans combined camp in Wellington last weekend, thanks for making it a fun weekend.

For those that didn't - as per my last post, we're going to run a regular monthly shoot in Wellington in the months when the Bowmans Gathering isn't being held.

The suggested date for the next shoot is Sunday 15th April, which is the weekend after Easter.

I know there are a lot of people from last weekends camp interested in coming, we also have the people from the last one and I also know there are Medieval Guild people interested. If we all rally together and pull in any other people who are keen we could have ourselves a fairly decent turn out.

I'll try and post directions, times, and meeting places soon. However, if you want more information in the meantime, contact me directly either by email or message me via this site.

Cheers,
Nigel Thomas
gt1cm2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote

I'll try not to kill the locals in their paddling pool next time Very Happy
did the band play the last post and chorus
did the pipes play the flowers of the forest
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote

LOL Laughing

Perhaps we need to send out flyers to the neighborhood suggesting they keep their small children and pets indoors and watch for flying wooden death from above.

Perhaps those with the inclination can make themselves one or two flu-flus so when we shoot down the range we don't wind up picking arrows out of the hills over the other side of the Hutt valley Wink
susan
This account is inactive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote

It's been a particually bad season here in the Hutt.

We need all the lemons we can get. Fire away!

Laughing Wink Wink Wink
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote

I was meaning arrows rather than lemons... but if you give us your GPS coordinates we'll drag a seige engine up there and lob all the lemons you can eat onto your roof.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: