Help

Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Help with this site
How about a photo gallery?

Brynnus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:27 pm     How about a photo gallery? Reply with quote

Hi there

I think it would be great if there was a place here we could all contribute to with our photos of events (you never know somebody may have taken a great photo of you and it could be sitting somewhere without you knowing), perhaps even another section for individuall clubs to post photos of thier events (displays, feasts & practices),
perhaps we should have groups photos on the clubs page kinda like the old school photos.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 pm      Reply with quote

Hi Brynnus,

This is an excellent idea. The only thing stopping me doing it is money. By putting a photos section on the site I'll increase the size of the site dramatically and therefore have to pay quite a lot more for my hosting. If I were to get funding from somewhere I'd be more than happy to pursue a photo gallery on the site. I think it would be a great idea as you've said, both for personal and club photos.

Admin
Brynnus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote

fair enough how about just a section for people/clubs to link to thier own image hosting websites ie photo bucket or image shack, we could even set up a forum account at one and provide the login details in the photo section so anybody can use it
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote

One of the things I'd like to get going is a homepage for each group/club on this site. This would give them a place for some basic information and they could then link to other places from there. This may well take shape sometime soon. Good call.

Cheers,
Admin
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote

The photo gallery is almost finished. It's undergoing final testing now and should be here within the next few days.

Cheers,
Admin
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: