Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Help with this site
Edit button

pmel018
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:10 am     Edit button Reply with quote

Am I loosing my mind? I can't see the edit button to correct my awful typing. I'm sure there was one before.
Phil
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

It may depend on the forum section you're in - when we create new forums we set the permissions manually and it's possible we've missed allowing edit for that area. Just let me know where you're posting to and I'll take a look.

There's also some debate in my own mind about whether to give edit permission at all - it's been abused in the past. One such person, who shall remain nameless, threw his toys and decided he didn't want to be associated with the bunch of rogues on this site and didn't want his name sullied either, so went through the entire site and edited every post he'd ever made, blanking out it's content so nobody else could ever make use of his (presumably ground-breaking) ideas, and then he asked for his account to be closed. In my opinion, this sort of thing is the epitome of petty, but it happens. This is a public forum and you need to expect that for the most part, once you've posted something it can't be retracted. That said, there are occasions where amending the public record is justified.

So let me know where we've missed it and I'll get it changed. I'd like to continue to trust that people will be sensible about it.

Cheers,
Nigel
pmel018
Principal Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:31 am      Reply with quote

Hi Nigel
I was posting in the W.M.A sub forum. I'm sure there was an edit button there before. Personally I only use the edit function to correct my own errors, not to censor the whole forum. Maybe it could be set up to only allow edits for a certain time after posting???
Thanks
Phil
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote

pmel018 wrote:
Hi Nigel
I was posting in the W.M.A sub forum.

Hi Phil,

I've changed it back to what it should be. You should be able to edit your posts there. Putting a time limit on it would be possible, but I don't think it's necessary. We've just got to be able to trust people to do the right thing. Mostly we can.

Nigel
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: