Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Help with this site
bc

dogboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:56 am     bc Reply with quote

Hi dogboy here, can we have all our pre camp bc discussions x2 (BC Camp & BC registration&fees) deleted thanks, We are ready to start our discussions for next camp cheers Dogboy
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote

How about I just mark them as locked rather than delete them? It may be useful for people to read back over those discussions in future. Locking them will leave them there and prevent people continuing those threads.

Nigel
dogboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:12 am     bc Reply with quote

forum labeled thankyouall can be deleted as it has account info that is no longer required, And thing Hamilton can also be deleted so we can make a fresh start for coming camp, this post can also be deleted thanks dogboy
dogboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote

also thinking about a secure forum that only admin can post in for account info and other sensitive info that we need posted, this way no info can be duplicated via someone else trying to deceive or manipulate, we could send info via e-mail that would link sender for security purpose. and could only be viewed by registered people, food for thought
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote

dogboy wrote:
...can we have all our pre camp bc discussions x2 (BC Camp & BC registration&fees) deleted thanks...

It looks like someone beat me to it. I can't find any pre-camp threads except the 'thankyouall' thread... or am I just going blind?

dogboy wrote:
forum labeled thankyouall can be deleted as it has account info that is no longer required

OK, fair enough. I've deleted the thankyouall thread. Because the 'Thing in hamilton' thread has had so much activity (most of it off-topic admitedly), what I would like to do is lock it and put up a message that if anyone wants anything from the thread to get it now and then delete it in a few weeks time. I would however rather you change the name of the thread to something like 'Think in Hamilton 2008' and then start a new thread called 'Think in Hamilton 2009'. That way we archive the old conversations off and keep them for reference if anyone wants to troll back through them.

dogboy wrote:
also thinking about a secure forum that only admin can post in for account info and other sensitive info that we need posted, this way no info can be duplicated via someone else trying to deceive or manipulate, we could send info via e-mail that would link sender for security purpose. and could only be viewed by registered people, food for thought

We can definitely create a restricted access forum for you in the 'Groups' section of the site. That's infact what it's for. I can create a forum there for you and assign one or more people as the moderators for that forum and set the forum to be viewable by registered users only. If you like I can set it so that only the moderators can post anything there and nobody else can. These permissions would apply to all threads in the new forum however. Alternatively you could allow anyone to post to most threads and lock those you didn't want others to post to. Moderators (i.e. you) would still be able to post messages in locked threads.

Let me know if you want to go with that option. It may not serve your purposes exactly but might achieve what you want to achieve anyway.

Nigel
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: