Forum

Events

Gallery

Clubs

You are here: Forum Index -> Help with this site
Private phone numbers

Black Jack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:28 pm     Private phone numbers Reply with quote

Is it recommended to post home phone numbers on the forum? I seem to be having difficulty replying to people's enquiries to my bow ad via e-mail. I'd be happy to post my number for local people to ring me but don't know if this is kosher. Advice please?

Thanks

J
NigelT
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote

Hi BlackJack,

If you want to post your home phone number or any other personal details, please feel free to do so. There is no site policy preventing you doing so.

Be aware however, that the forum is in the public domain and is viewable (read-only) to the general public if they choose to come and look. Your full name (in your profile) is hidden to the general public, and there is no way to obtain anyones email address unless they choose to reply to an email from you. Some forums, such as special interest groups, are not visible unless you are a member of the group and logged in.

The content of the site is generally ignored by search engines - they should only get as far as the home page.

Most spammers are only interested in email addresses, so a phone number should be fairly safe. There are quite a few people here who have put phone numbers in their profiles, and as yet we've had no complaints about misuse.

I hope that helps.
Nigel
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: